- Instrumental training in the areas of Jazz/Rock/Pop and classical music (drums, guitar, piano) from 1994-2008
- Dual majors in film scoring and performance (drum-set) at Berklee College of Music in Boston (MA) as scholarship- and Dean’s List-student from 2001 to 2002
- Master of Education in English and Music (composition & drum-set) at TU Dresden, University of Bremen and University of Fine Arts Bremen from 2002 to 2008
- Research Assistant in interdisciplinary project about textual interaction of film, music and language at the Institute of Applied Linguistics at the University of Bremen from 2009 to 2012
- Band-musician (drums, guitars, bass & songwriting) for more than 25 years
- Teacher, lecturer, speaker and writer for more than 10 years, music educator for more than 15 years.
My music is thematically interwoven and shaped by orchestral sounds or band instruments. In my project studio near Bremen, I can not only produce and create all kinds of sounds with the help of sound libraries (orchestral, synth), but also record a number of electric and acoustic instruments (like acoustic drums, vibraphone, piano, acoustic and electric guitars, basses, mandolin and other stringed instruments, percussion, keyboards, vintage organs and a lot more). As orchestrator, midi transcriber, copyist and recording assistant, I have also gained experience in the field of orchestral score production (e.g. at Abbey Road Studios in London and Smecky Studios in Prague).